Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Response to Anna's "Eva"

I really liked the structure of your story—how everything flowed, especially going into the end, and the idea of the “light” connecting the entire piece. The paragraph where Eva is speaking to the audience was interesting to read. It really kept me into the story. But at the same time the repetition of incomplete sentences kind of threw me off. I realize it was probably for a stylistic reason, but perhaps it could flow a little bit better into it. Also, how did these things she was saying make you feel?

I would also have liked to read more imagery. I really enjoyed the part where you say “A5272” was etched on your arm and how you were standing in a flesh-colored bra, etc. That part really drew me in because it was something that I had never felt or gone through and you the description connects us to your event.

Overall, I really liked your piece and the topic you chose. With the dialogue, your mother’s presence, and the scene at the end, you can definitely tell that this is something that resonates with you and is something that was an important “turning point” for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment