Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Response to Joel's "Catching the 6:45"

I definitely related to your story. I don’t know how many times I ended up running onto a train, or freaking out because I was an hour away from the city, or having to pay 2039 euros for a cab to my hostel because I had no idea where I landed. I could definitely sense the chaos and sense of urgency when reading your piece. You could tell that this was a new experience for you and why it mattered.

I would have liked to read more imagery. Although your hours of getting ready, riding every single mode of transportation available, and panicking were centered on chaos, it would be nice to read something about the scene and such. As you were all over the place and stressed out, was everything else calm or a blur or just as chaos-like? If you added more imagery, it would step back from the “I did this, then this, then this, then this.” Besides that, I enjoyed reading your piece—it brought me back to the good ole days.

PS…remember that one time you were randomly in our hostel room in Rome? The chaos of European traveling definitely preceded that.

No comments:

Post a Comment